Authorities investigate death of child
CUMBERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) -- Cumberland County authorities are investigating the death of a four-year-old child.
It happened around 5:30 p.m. in the 4600 block of Elcone Drive.
Emergency units found the female child unresponsive. She was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center.
The child's body was transported to the State Medical Examiner's Office in Chapel Hill on Tuesday for an autopsy.
Officials there said they are not prepared to make a decision on the cause of girl's death at this time. The reasons for her death remain unknown.
cumberland county, local/state
- Prosecution rests in Abaroa murder trial 37 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Woman accused of poisoning family 46 min ago
- Closing arguments to begin in McNeill trial 17 min ago
- NC Senate budget plan heavy on Medicaid spending
- Broyhill indicted in Hahn murder 5 min ago
- Cooper wants to keep control of SBI
- Criminal trial set to begin for Ex-NC Rep. LaRoque
- NC NAACP enters 4th week of legislative protests 58 min ago
- Billy Graham on camera: new message out this fall
- Westbound I-40 reopens at I-440 interchange
- NRC meets public after nuclear plant shuttered
- Closing arguments to begin in McNeill trial
17 min ago