Authorities investigate death of child
CUMBERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) -- Cumberland County authorities are investigating the death of a four-year-old child.
It happened around 5:30 p.m. in the 4600 block of Elcone Drive.
Emergency units found the female child unresponsive. She was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center.
The child's body was transported to the State Medical Examiner's Office in Chapel Hill on Tuesday for an autopsy.
Officials there said they are not prepared to make a decision on the cause of girl's death at this time. The reasons for her death remain unknown.
cumberland county, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help