Fire kills 2 dogs, displaces family
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Two family dogs died in a house fire early Wednesday morning after their owners awoke to a fire alarm
It happened just after midnight at a home in the 4000 block of Cardigan Place off Lassiter Mill Road in Raleigh.
Authorities said a fire alarm woke the couple up after they fell asleep on a couch watching TV. The couple said when they went upstairs to check on their dogs, the door knob to the room they were in was very hot.
The couple was able to get out of the home, but their two dogs did not make it.
Officials have ruled the fire accidental, but the cause of the blaze has not yet been determined.
wake county, fire, local/state
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport 29 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map 19 min ago
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow 12 min ago
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill 19 min ago
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Traffic returns to Wash. bridge that collapsed
- NAACP, students challenge education changes
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- Baby born on Raleigh Beltline
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
28 min ago
- Money Saver: Home pet remedies
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos