Authorities investigating fatal shooting
CUMBERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) -- Homicide detectives in Cumberland County are investigating the shooting death of a Spring Lake man.
Authorities were called to a home in the 300 block on Lee Street Tuesday night. When they arrived, they found 20-year-old Javier Dashawn Allen lying on the front lawn of a home. He was declared dead at the scene.
Allen's body has been taken to the State Medical Examiner's Office in Chapel Hill for autopsy.
An investigating into his death is ongoing at this time. Further details have not been released.
cumberland county, shooting, local/state
- Three arrested in murder of north Raleigh mom
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC News: Boston bomber 'associate' killed by FBI
- Feds open special inspection into NC nuke plant 33 min ago
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel 37 min ago
- Cameron: 'Indications' London attack terror 54 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Okla. storms hit close to home for some
- Doctors struggle to save boy's hands 30 min ago
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- Coach K returning to US men's team