Mother of man found dead questions how he died
SILER CITY, N.C. (WTVD) -- The mother of Jesse Maness is questioning exactly what caused her son's death.
Twenty-four-year-old Maness was found dead in a creek. His car had run off the road.
Investigators said Maness died in the crash but his mother, Kathy Gaines, said that isn't the cause. She thinks somebody out there knows something.
"As a mother, I can't find closer," said Gaines. "I can't even begin to mourn the loss of my son because I can't get past the questions."
Maness was found dead after being missing for six days.
"I'm not satisfied that this was a simple car accident," said Gaines.
Gaines said her son had to be somewhere else because friends and family had looked where his body was found more than once or twice. Also, when he was finally found, he was wearing different clothes than the ones he was last seen in. However, Gaines said no one will listen.
"From little every lead I give them& they don't pursue it," said Gaines.
She thinks an autopsy will help fill in the pieces to this puzzle.
"Something happened," she said. "I don't know what, but something happened but I feel like somebody out there knows something."
The State Highway Patrol told ABC11 that it is now investigating and the medical examiner's report won't be completed for another month. Jesse's mother said the medical examiner told her that Jesse had only been dead for one to three days, not the six he was reported missing for.
chatham county, local/state, kelli o'hara
- Majority of number combos picked for Powerball pot 18 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County 30 min ago
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away 21 min ago
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade 2 min ago
- Obama's Morehouse visit shines spotlight on HBCUs
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos