Police investigating elderly woman's death
CLINTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities in Clinton are investigating the death of an elderly woman.
Police said they were called to 69-year-old Peggy J. Faircloth's home on West Johnson Street Thursday evening to check on her after her relatives said they were unable to get in touch with her.
When officers arrived, they discovered Faircloth's body inside her home, which was ransacked.
Her body was transported to Sampson Regional Medical Center for an autopsy to determine the exact cause of her death.
The investigation is ongoing at this time. Further details have not been released.
Anyone who has information about Faircloth's death is asked to contact the Clinton Police Department at (910) 592-3105, the NC State Bureau of Investigation at (910) 486-1262, the Police Department Tip Line at (910) 590-3009 or email at email@example.com.
sampson county, homicide, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75