Officials investigate fatal stabbing
SPRING LAKE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities in Cumberland County have named a man wanted for questioning in the stabbing death of a Spring Lake man.
Officials said 35-year old Gabriel Cordoba-Reyes was stabbed Saturday around 8:30 p.m.
Investigators are now looking for 28-year-old German Torres-Jalicia. Detectives believe he may be able to assist them in solving the murder case.
After receiving a 911 call, investigators went to the victim's home and found him lying on the living room floor.
The suspect is believed to be driving the victim's vehicle. The vehicle is a red 2002 Nissan Frontier, 4-door pickup truck with extended cab. It has a chrome toolbox in the bed which has no tailgate. The license tag number is North Carolina YXA 9249.
Anyone who has information regarding Reyes' death or has seen his vehicle in the area is urged to contact the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office at (910) 323-1500. There will be Hispanic speaking persons available to speak with callers if necessary.
cumberland county, stabbing, homicide, local/state
- Obama: Gov't with Oklahoma 'every step' of the way
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- 10 fans injured when TV cable falls on race track
- NC woman arrested wearing thong at Myrtle Beach
- Missing juvenile apprehended
- Mother, son die in Davidson County boat collision
- Home cooking restaurant ready to re-open
- Fayetteville Food Lion robbed
- Juvenile escapee turns himself in
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins
- Hope Mills files $10M suit over 2010 dam breach
- Tony Kanaan finally wins Indy 500, ends heartbreak