Missing 2 year old found safe
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Police say they found a missing 2 year old unharmed at a home in the 2500 block of South Roxboro Street.
Kameron Hembry was reported missing around 2:15 p.m. from an apartment complex at that address.
Officials issued an Amber Alert for the child around Monday 7 p.m.
Authorities said the child was located unharmed around 9 p.m. in an apartment less than 50 yards from where the child went missing.
The mother said she and the child were visiting someone at the apartment complex. The mother said she told the boy to follow her to their car, but when she turned her back for a minute he disappeared.
"I called him to the car and we sat and talked no longer than three to five minutes," mother Wakise Graham said. "He was like on the driver's side of that car and then when I looked, he was nowhere to be found. I looked for about 15-20 minutes before I called the police."
The mother was taken to police headquarters earlier in the night and was not at the apartment complex when the child was found.
Police were using a search dog, ATVs, and helicopters to locate the boy. The Housing Authority knocked on nearly 200 doors in the seven hour search.
durham county, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help