Incident at Raleigh theater scares patrons
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- It was the premier of the latest movie in the '"Twilight" saga. Alexandria McCall and a friend were inside in the front row as the suspense mounted.
That suspense was shattered, not by a special effect in the film, but by a commotion from the back of the theater.
"We heard people yelling. We saw a group of men and they were just yelling and sounding really threatening and then someone said like, 'You don't know me. You don't know me,' and at that point I was like, 'We gotta get out of here,'" McCall recalled.
Only four months removed from the theater massacre in Aurora, Colorado, McCall said she didn't think twice about what to do. She and her friend immediately bolted out the back exit.
On their way out, they said they saw a smoking van smashed against a tree outside the theater. Nearby, three cars had been hit by the van before it came to rest.
Police said the man driving the van was the same man who ended up inside the theater. He left the scene. Police said they were chasing leads trying to find him.
wake county, local/state
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- 7 hurt, 1 missing in Davidson County boat wreck
- Crews respond to another water rescue on Cape Fear River
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Duke beats Cornell to advance to lacrosse final
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Authorities search for Iowa teen amid rain, wind
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches