Man facing charges in school tools burglary
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A Durham man is facing charges after tools were reported missing from a storage building at a local school over the weekend.
Police arrested 52-year-old Ricky Wayne Acrey around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday near the intersection of Holloway Street and Raynor Street and charged him with breaking into the building at Agape Corner School.
Officers were called to the school on Holloway Street around 8:30 a.m. Saturday and found the storage shed had been broken into and $2,500 worth of tools that were used by students at the school had been stolen.
Acrey has been charged with breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering, possession of stolen property and obtaining property by false pretense.
Investigators have filed additional charges against Acrey in connection with two vehicle break-ins at the school. He is charged with two counts of felony breaking and entering, one count of felony larceny and one count of misdemeanor larceny.
In addition, investigators have charged 46-year-old Wilson Gonzalez with felony possession of stolen goods and aiding and abetting obtaining property by false pretense in connection with the break-in to the school storage shed.
Officers have recovered one saw, but the other tools are still missing.
durham county, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help