Authorities: Two charged in toddler's abuse
EDGECOMBE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Edgecombe County Sheriff's Office said two people have been charged in the attack on a two-year-old Edgecombe County girl.
Investigators have charged 41-year-old Cirilo Torido-Bastida, of Macclesfield, with two counts of forcible sex offense and assault.
Investigators initially arrested 20-year-old Chelsey Speight, of Tarboro, on child abuse charges. The district attorney filed additional charges against Speight of accessory after the child was examined by a doctor.
Speight is now being held on a $355,000 secured bond.
Torido-Bastida is being held on a $855,000 secured bond.
edgecombe county, sex offense, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help