Fayetteville man facing rape charges
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- A Fayetteville man is facing charges after a woman reported she was sexually assaulted.
The assault allegedly happened Monday night after a woman said she stopped at a gas station and a man she did not know asked her for a ride.
She told police she then agreed to take him to a home in the 1600 block of Ford Lane.
She said later that evening, she woke up to being sexually assaulted by someone at the home, after two other suspects reportedly stole her car.
A neighbor later discovered the woman at the home Tuesday morning and called police.
Authorities arrested 31-year-old Terrell Lavonne Howard at the scene and charged him with second-degree rape.
He is currently being held at the Cumberland County Detention Center under a $250,000 bond.
Police are still trying to identify the suspects responsible for stealing the woman's vehicle.
cumberland county, sex offense, local/state
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 5 min ago
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Couple, suspect, officer killed in Burke County 21 min ago
- Graco adds more than 403,000 child seats to recall 14 min ago
- Suspect in Sanford shooting death arrested
- Parents hope bone marrow drive can save son
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Bank robbed in Franklinton