Fire rips through million dollar home
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A large northeast Raleigh home was heavily damaged Wednesday evening in a massive fire.
It happened in the 1000 block of Swithland Court in northeast Raleigh's Devon neighborhood. Tax records show the home is valued at $1 million.
Investigators said the homeowners were having a party on the back deck when a neighbor noticed a chimney was on fire.
The Bay Leaf, Raleigh, Wake Forest, Western Wake and Durham Highway fire departments responded to the blaze.
"They made entry into the house - the second floor area - to try and access the attic, and what they encountered was heavy fire conditions," explained an official at the scene.
Firefighters said there was little they could do.
"The fire spread so quickly that the integrity of the structure was compromised," said the official.
The official cause of the fire remains under investigation.
There were no injuries.
wake county, fire, local/state
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 40 min ago
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Couple, suspect, officer killed in Burke County 56 min ago
- Graco adds more than 403,000 child seats to recall 49 min ago
- Suspect in Sanford shooting death arrested
- Parents hope bone marrow drive can save son
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Bank robbed in Franklinton