Fire rips through million dollar home
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A large northeast Raleigh home was heavily damaged Wednesday evening in a massive fire.
It happened in the 1000 block of Swithland Court in northeast Raleigh's Devon neighborhood. Tax records show the home is valued at $1 million.
Investigators said the homeowners were having a party on the back deck when a neighbor noticed a chimney was on fire.
The Bay Leaf, Raleigh, Wake Forest, Western Wake and Durham Highway fire departments responded to the blaze.
"They made entry into the house - the second floor area - to try and access the attic, and what they encountered was heavy fire conditions," explained an official at the scene.
Firefighters said there was little they could do.
"The fire spread so quickly that the integrity of the structure was compromised," said the official.
The official cause of the fire remains under investigation.
There were no injuries.
wake county, fire, local/state
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 2 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Confused, chaotic scene described on sinking ferry 17 min ago
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting 10 min ago
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine 32 min ago
- DOT worker charged in officer's death
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case 32 min ago
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect 31 min ago
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth
- Hatchell: Star freshman DeShields leaving UNC 17 min ago
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- I-Team: Neighborhood lobbies for speed humps
27 min ago
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
43 min ago