Fire rips through million dollar home
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A large northeast Raleigh home was heavily damaged Wednesday evening in a massive fire.
It happened in the 1000 block of Swithland Court in northeast Raleigh's Devon neighborhood. Tax records show the home is valued at $1 million.
Investigators said the homeowners were having a party on the back deck when a neighbor noticed a chimney was on fire.
The Bay Leaf, Raleigh, Wake Forest, Western Wake and Durham Highway fire departments responded to the blaze.
"They made entry into the house - the second floor area - to try and access the attic, and what they encountered was heavy fire conditions," explained an official at the scene.
Firefighters said there was little they could do.
"The fire spread so quickly that the integrity of the structure was compromised," said the official.
The official cause of the fire remains under investigation.
There were no injuries.
wake county, fire, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina 1 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help