Man pulled from Schuylkill River in Fairmount Park
FAIRMOUNT PARK - November 22, 2012 -- A man was pulled from the waters of the Schuylkill River in Fairmount Park Thursday morning.
It was around 8:30 a.m. when the Philadelphia Fire Department received a report of a man in the Schuylkill River near the Strawberry Mansion Bridge.
When the fire department arrived they found the man in the river by Fountain Green Drive.
The man was able to get out of the water and was treated by medics.
Police are investigating how he wound up in the river.
fairmount park, philadelphia, rescue, water rescue, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown 34 min ago
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation 43 min ago
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67