Large fire in Edgecombe County
EDGECOMBE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Multiple fire departments responded to a large fire at a farm southwest of Conetoe in Edgecombe County Friday.
The first calls came in around 12:30 p.m.
Pictures from Chopper 11 HD showed a farm building close to the intersection of Thigpen and Ellis roads with its roof blown off.
The building was adjacent to what appeared to be grain silos.
The fire was believed to have started in the barn's electrical system.
edgecombe county, fire, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence 8 min ago
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Lawmakers get legal help with NC marriage case
- Community rallies around couple after fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl holiday travel
- Newlyweds ordered to trial in Craigslist slaying
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help