One killed in shooting at auto parts store
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Police are investigating a fatal shooting that happened in the parking lot of a Raleigh auto parts store.
It happened Friday shortly after 2 p.m. at the Carquest store in the 2600 block of East Millbrook Road near Hargrove Road.
Employees told ABC11 that they heard shots fired outside.
"I thought I heard two 'pow pow.' I thought there was a car there backfiring and everything like that," said Michael Wright, a Carquest supervisor. "And then I find out that somebody got shot out there in our parking lot. It wasn't any of our employees or anything like that."
It appeared both driver and passenger side windows of a truck were shattered.
Employees said they were not able to identify the shooter.
"The guy who, I guess, did the shooting had just come out of the store," said Wright. "He had purchased something and everything else."
Police have not released the victim's identity.
Meanwhile, eyewitnesses and bystanders are still trying to make sense of it.
"I never thought this would happen out here," said Wright. "I don't know what happened or caused the altercation or anything like that, but it happened."
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or to go to the CrimeStoppers Web site at www.raleighcrimestoppers.org.
wake county, shooting, local/state, steve dorsey
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help