One killed in shooting at auto parts store
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Police are investigating a fatal shooting that happened in the parking lot of a Raleigh auto parts store.
It happened Friday shortly after 2 p.m. at the Carquest store in the 2600 block of East Millbrook Road near Hargrove Road.
Employees told ABC11 that they heard shots fired outside.
"I thought I heard two 'pow pow.' I thought there was a car there backfiring and everything like that," said Michael Wright, a Carquest supervisor. "And then I find out that somebody got shot out there in our parking lot. It wasn't any of our employees or anything like that."
It appeared both driver and passenger side windows of a truck were shattered.
Employees said they were not able to identify the shooter.
"The guy who, I guess, did the shooting had just come out of the store," said Wright. "He had purchased something and everything else."
Police have not released the victim's identity.
Meanwhile, eyewitnesses and bystanders are still trying to make sense of it.
"I never thought this would happen out here," said Wright. "I don't know what happened or caused the altercation or anything like that, but it happened."
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or to go to the CrimeStoppers Web site at www.raleighcrimestoppers.org.
wake county, shooting, local/state, steve dorsey
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Hurricanes rally to beat Sabres 4-2
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake