Police: Cat lover shot to death
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Police say a 67-year-old Fayetteville man known for his love of wild cats was shot to death in an apparent robbery.
The investigation began when police got a call just before 8 p.m. Sunday about a man lying on the ground along Tally-Ho Drive.
When officers arrived, they found Wolfgang Joppich unconscious. He was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center where he was declared dead.
His wallet and other personal belongings were later found in a dumpster nearby on Pedro Drive.
Joppich was known to frequent the Bragg Boulevard area to feed feral cats. Police said they're having difficulty locating his next of kin.
Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1856 or CrimeStoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, local/state
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help