Suspects sought in Fayetteville robbery, shooting
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Fayetteville police are investigating a robbery and double shooting that happened at the Quick Stop Tobacco Mart in the 500 block of Grove Street Monday night.
Police told ABC11 that two armed suspects wearing masks went into the store around 7 p.m. and demanded cash, while two other men waited outside in a car.
During the robbery, two employees at the convenience store were shot. Both were taken to Cape Fear Valley Hospital to be treated for their injuries. Najib Bouzerda, 44, was in critical condition and Mohamed Ould, 41, was in fair condition.
A store employee who worked a different shift told ABC11 that the two clerks were shot multiple times.
Walter Jaworski, who rents a room to Bouzerda, said the man works full-time at a hotel and just starting working at the convenience store last month to make ends meet.
"He's in condition very bad actually on the life support machine [sic]," Jaworski said. ".. He was a very, very good guy and I pray to God that he's going to survive, everything's going to be alright."
Jaworski said Bouzerda felt the quick stop's location was a dangerous place.
"He knew when he started, even his girlfriend said, 'You better stay away from that area and don't work there, because the money's not that important risking your own life,'" Jaworski said.
After the shooting, all four suspects fled the scene in a dark colored vehicle. Police are still searching for the suspects.
Tuesday morning, authorities released surveillance video of two of the men during the robbery. They are asking anyone who recognizes the suspects or has information about the shooting to call detectives at (910) 433-1856 or CrimeStoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, shooting, robbery, local/state
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- 2 dead, 1 wounded in shooting near NC college
- Fayetteville bank robber sought
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes
- NC has fewer teachers and more students
- UNC upsets No. 1 Michigan State
- NC State beats Northwestern 69-48
- Float banned from Clayton Christmas parade
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help