Fire engulfs club week after shooting
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Fayetteville nightclub that was the site of a fatal shooting last week caught on fire early Tuesday morning.
Fire crews were called to Upscales Restaurant & Lounge at 225 Eastern Blvd. around 3:30 a.m.
When firefighters arrived, the roof and front part of the building were engulfed in flames. It took crews about an hour to get the blaze under control. No one was injured.
Traffic on Eastern Boulevard was blocked for several hours as officials worked to keep hot spots under control.
Authorities are investigating the cause of the fire. Further details about the incident have not been released.
Meanwhile, police are also still investigating the shooting that happened last Sunday in the club's parking lot.
Terry Jamil Jefferson, 22, was killed in the shooting, while Marvin Johnson, 23, was critically injured.
Brothers, Taneill Laquin Jefferson, 19, Travis Edward Jefferson, 18, have been charged with attempted first-degree murder and assault with a dangerous weapon inflicting serious injury with intent to kill. A third suspect, Divine Iquan Alston, 20, has also been charged with accessory after the fact. Police are still searching for the three men.
Anyone with information about their locations is asked to call 911. Anonymous tips may also be left with CrimeStoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, shooting, local/state
- Jury resumes deliberations in jailer trial
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Judge: No quick trial on NC voting law changes 58 min ago
- NCDOT: Bonner Bridge could reopen next week 53 min ago
- Appeal heard in Jason Young case
- Are more Dorito-flavored foods on the way?
- Ex-President Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker
- Interpreter for Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Accident shuts down Durham road
- Authorities cracking down on bank robberies
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help