Fire engulfs club week after shooting
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Fayetteville nightclub that was the site of a fatal shooting last week caught on fire early Tuesday morning.
Fire crews were called to Upscales Restaurant & Lounge at 225 Eastern Blvd. around 3:30 a.m.
When firefighters arrived, the roof and front part of the building were engulfed in flames. It took crews about an hour to get the blaze under control. No one was injured.
Traffic on Eastern Boulevard was blocked for several hours as officials worked to keep hot spots under control.
Authorities are investigating the cause of the fire. Further details about the incident have not been released.
Meanwhile, police are also still investigating the shooting that happened last Sunday in the club's parking lot.
Terry Jamil Jefferson, 22, was killed in the shooting, while Marvin Johnson, 23, was critically injured.
Brothers, Taneill Laquin Jefferson, 19, Travis Edward Jefferson, 18, have been charged with attempted first-degree murder and assault with a dangerous weapon inflicting serious injury with intent to kill. A third suspect, Divine Iquan Alston, 20, has also been charged with accessory after the fact. Police are still searching for the three men.
Anyone with information about their locations is asked to call 911. Anonymous tips may also be left with CrimeStoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, shooting, local/state
- 20 children among dead in Okla. tornado 33 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Frightening moments for family with Okla. ties
- Hazmat situation at Raleigh apt. complex
- Police search for shooting suspect
- Man shot in neck in Raleigh
- NC Senate budget plan heavy on Medicaid spending
- NRC meets public after nuclear plant shuttered
- Prosecution rests in Abaroa murder trial
- Woman accused of poisoning family
- Closing arguments to begin in McNeill trial
- Video: Blood drive held to honor injured trooper