3 Wake Forest shooting suspects caught
WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WTVD) -- Wake Forest police say a person was shot outside an Autocare & Quick Lube store in the 300 block of East Roosevelt Avenue Tuesday afternoon.
It happened around 4:30 p.m. at the store near the intersection of N.C. Highway 98 and Capital Boulevard
The man was shot in the leg and police said his injuries did not appear to be life threatening.
Following the shooting, police said three suspects fled in an older model Volvo. Officers stopped the car along Longhouse Street in the Crenshaw Hall subdivision.
The driver was detained at the scene, but the other two suspects allegedly fled on foot. One suspect was captured at approximately 5 p.m. in the parking lot of the Carolina Ale House in Wake Forest. The other was arrested along Retail Drive at approximately 5:20 p.m. following a manhunt.
Police said their preliminary investigation shows the shooting was not a random act or a robbery.
wake county, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh 27 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged