Wake Forest shooting ruled accidental
WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WTVD) -- Wake Forest police say a shooting outside an Autocare & Quick Lube store in the 300 block of East Roosevelt Avenue Tuesday afternoon was an accident.
It happened around 4:30 p.m. in the store's parking lot near the intersection of N.C. Highway 98 and Capital Boulevard.
Authorities said Wednesday that 20-year-old Truman Lyons and three others were sitting inside a car inspecting a handgun, when Lyons accidentally shot himself in the leg. After Lyons got out of the car, the other three subjects fled the scene.
Officers later stopped their car along Longhouse Street in the Crenshaw Hall subdivision.
The driver was detained at the scene, but the other two men allegedly fled on foot. Police said they captured 20-year-old Anthony Evans at approximately 5 p.m. in the parking lot of the Carolina Ale House in Wake Forest. Twenty-year-old Branden Dinkins was arrested around 5:20 p.m. after hiding inside the freezer of the not yet opened Buffalo Brothers on Retail Drive.
Both Dinkins and Evans have been charged with resisting, delaying, and obstructing a public officer and were being held in the Wake County Jail under a $1,500 secured bond.
Police said the investigation is continuing and additional charges are pending.
wake county, local/state
- Audit shows problems with NC Tracks 2 min ago
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets 52 min ago
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial 14 min ago
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders 19 min ago
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County 33 min ago
- New American Airlines emerges as deal closes 12 min ago
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist 11 min ago
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek
- Bicyclist charged with DWI
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help