Melinda Gates to speak to Duke grads
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Duke University says Melinda Gates will be the school's 2013 featured commencement speaker.
The school is Gates' alma mater. The businesswoman, philanthropist, and spouse of Microsoft found Bill Gates graduated in 1986. She got a master's degree in business the following year.
She's scheduled to speak to graduates on Sunday, May 12, 2013.
"I can't think of a more inspiring way to send our students forth to their careers than to have Melinda Gates speak at our commencement," said Duke President Richard H. Brodhead in a news release. "A double Duke graduate, she gives us a shining example of the difference a compassionate advocate can make in the world."
More details about commencement will be available at http://web.duke.edu/commencement/.
- Ice, rain, wind causing flooding, delays, outages 32 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- The latest ABC11 First Alert Weather forecast
56 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help