911 calls released from Fayetteville robbery
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Recently released 911 tapes are giving a new perspective to a violent robbery in Fayetteville.
Two clerks were shot Monday evening during a robbery at the Quick Stop Tobacco Mart convenience store in the 500 block of Grove Street.
One of the clerks, along with two eyewitnesses, managed to call 911.
One of the 911 calls was from Mohamed Ould, one of the clerks who was gunned down in the Fayetteville store.
- Mohamed Ould: "Somebody shot me here."
Operator: "Someone just shot?"
Ould: "Yeah, somebody just shot me."
Operator: "Where have you been shot?''
Ould: "I can't talk too much."
Police said 41-year-old Ould was shot by masked gunmen who stormed in through the front door of the store with their guns blazing. The other clerk, 44-year-old Najib Nouzerda, was critically wounded.
Another 911 call come from a customer who had just left the store before the robbery. She heard the commotion as she drove away. She turned around, went back to the store and found the clerks on the floor.
- Caller: "Please hurry up! Please hurry, this man is dying? His guts are hanging out. He is not doing good."
The third call was from another customer who was in the store and ran out just as the gunmen came in.
- Caller: "I was sitting at the slot machine and they came in. They had on masks. I know they had hoodies and masks on."
Police said the two masked gunmen are still at large. They hope somebody recognizes them in through surveillance pictures.
So far, detectives have received numerous leads and tips on the suspects, but no arrests have been made.
The clerks are still in the hospital. One is in critical condition, while the other is in fair condition.
cumberland county, robbery, shooting, local/state
- I-Team: Miller was in witness protection
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Raleigh police investigate shooting death
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash 24 min ago
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...
- Video: Critics call Georgia's new law the "guns...
- Lawmakers propose dumping Common Core