Harnett County woman charged with murder
BUNNLEVEL, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Harnett County woman was arrested in connection with a fatal shooting, according to authorities.
Officials responded to a shooting call Thursday around 12:47 a.m. at a home on Shetland Lane in Bunnlevel.
Lawrence T. McQueen, 41, was pronounced dead on the scene.
Latina N. Ray, 30, turned herself in to authorities early Thursday morning. Ray was charged with first-degree murder and is being held at the Harnett County Sheriff's Office Detention Center with no bond.
According to officials, McQueen and Ray were in a relationship. It is unclear if they were still dating at the time of the shooting.
This incident is under investigation, but authorities do not believe any other people were involved in the shooting.
harnett county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Tax collector's office accused of abusing worker
- 'First kiss': The story behind the real viral hit
- Local company to provide experimental drug to boy
- Soldiers find human remains scattered in woods
- Mobile home destroyed by fire in Selma
- Gas blast destroys 2 NY buildings; 3 people dead
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Obama calls for a 'rethinking' on Crimea vote
- Expert: Girl's blood on over 30 items of evidence
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry
- Ingram has 30 as NCCU beats Howard 92-46 in MEAC
- NC coming up against another food stamp deadline
- CEO happy his company can provide drug for sick boy