Harnett County woman charged with murder
BUNNLEVEL, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Harnett County woman was arrested in connection with a fatal shooting, according to authorities.
Officials responded to a shooting call Thursday around 12:47 a.m. at a home on Shetland Lane in Bunnlevel.
Lawrence T. McQueen, 41, was pronounced dead on the scene.
Latina N. Ray, 30, turned herself in to authorities early Thursday morning. Ray was charged with first-degree murder and is being held at the Harnett County Sheriff's Office Detention Center with no bond.
According to officials, McQueen and Ray were in a relationship. It is unclear if they were still dating at the time of the shooting.
This incident is under investigation, but authorities do not believe any other people were involved in the shooting.
harnett county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day 26 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- Super PAC created for possible Tillis Senate bid
- Private plane lands short of Charlotte runway 25 min ago
- Hit-and-run driver sought in fatal moped crash 9 min ago
- More salmonella cases reported in Fayetteville
- Biographer regrets affair with former CIA director
- TSA finds man carrying gun on prosthetic leg
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Family continues to experience miracles
- How safe are North Caroilna bridges?
- Travelers hit the road for Memorial Day...
25 min ago
- Cumberland Co. church seeks new home
22 min ago