Woman killed in Garner shooting, mother injured
GARNER, N.C. (WTVD) -- One woman is dead and her mother injured following a double shooting in Garner Friday evening.
It happened around 9:30 p.m. at the Delmont apartment complex in the 200 block of Johnson Street. Officials said the two victims were struck by gunfire while in the parking lot of the complex.
Police said 31-year-old Latoya McNeil was killed and her mother, 48-year-old Angela Harding, was injured. Harding was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries, according to Garner Police Lt. Wayne Moore.
Officials said they are searching for two black male suspects who fled the scene on foot. They were last seen running from the apartments towards Curtiss Drive.
Anyone with information is asked to call investigators at (919) 772-8810.
johnston county, shooting, local/state
- Duke Chapel holds Mandela memorial
- Snowball fight could lead to criminal charges
- Airline's sweet surprise for passengers
- One day left to help hungry families through the holidays
- Billy Graham weaker since 95th birthday party
- Shooting reported in Raleigh
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Modest Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Serial bank robber arrested in Durham
- Bubba the goat is no longer on the lam
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Walmart, AIG say they plan nearly 700 NC jobs
- Groups shun NC critics, appeal Bonner Bridge case
- Air travelers caught in winter storm
54 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help