Bank robbery in downtown Raleigh
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Authorities are searching for a suspect in connection with a reported bank robbery in downtown Raleigh.
It happened just after 11:15 a.m. Dec. 3 at the First Citizens Bank in the 200 block of Fayetteville Street.
Police said the suspect approached a teller, passed a note demanding money, and fled the bank after the teller complied.
Police are looking for an African-American man of average build who was wearing a white shirt under a dark-colored jacket, blue pants and a brown hat. The suspect also reportedly had some type of facial hair, like a mustache, beard or goatee.
He was last seen traveling on foot north on Fayetteville Street towards the North Carolina State Capitol.
Anyone with information on the bank robbery is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
wake county, bank robbery, local/state
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- 7 hurt, 1 missing in Davidson County boat wreck
- Crews respond to another water rescue on Cape Fear River
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Duke beats Cornell to advance to lacrosse final
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Authorities search for Iowa teen amid rain, wind
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches