Frantic 911 call made after Holly Springs shootings
HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. (WTVD) -- A frantic 911 call released Tuesday shed more light on what happened in a quiet Holly Springs subdivision Monday morning.
Robert and Amber Seymore, both 38, were found shot to death by Amber's mother just after 9 a.m. at 233 Hidden Stream Drive.
Police have now called the deaths a murder/suicide. They said Robert shot his wife with a handgun and then turned the gun on himself.
The couple had three children. Two of the children - ages 6 and 8 - were at school at the time. A 2 year old was home in the house.
In the 911 call released Tuesday, the mother said she was visiting from California and found the bodies after dropping the two older children off at school.
"I just went upstairs to tell my daughter it's time to take the baby to nursery school and I opened the door and they're both dead on the floor," she reported.
The woman said her son-in-law was a former law enforcement officer.
"He's a cop. He killed her. She's dead," said the woman.
The woman said the couple was in the process of getting a divorce.
On Monday, police said Amber Seymore called 911 over Thanksgiving to make a domestic violence complaint. She told operators that her husband may have been having an affair, that she planned to confront him, and that he was a gun owner.
Neighbors told ABC11 Robert Seymore was a retired law-enforcement officer from California. The family had lived in Holly Springs for about two years.
Police said no suicide note was found.
wake county, shooting, local/state
- Large amount of meth found near RDU airport 17 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- NAACP, students challenge education changes
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- Baby born on Raleigh Beltline
- UNC-Chapel Hill to conduct emergency drill
- NC undocumented ask for in-state tuition prices
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions
- Hearings begin for Duke Energy's 5 percent hike
- NC Senate takes up energy conservation rollback
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Officials investigating possible tornado...
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos