Wake school board elects new chair
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Wake County School Board elected Keith Sutton as its new chairman Tuesday.
He defeated Deborah Prickett with a vote of 5-4.
Sutton had served as the vice chair for the past year, but Kevin Hill decided to give up the gavel.
Christine Kushner was elected as vice chairwoman.
Also Tuesday evening, school board members agreed to make several changes to the proposed student assignment plan.
The changes would reduce the number of students facing different school assignments next year.
Another hearing on the assignment plan will be held Wednesday at Rolesville Middle School.
wake county, wake county schools, local/state
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills
- Manhunt for suspects in deadly luxury mall carjacking
- Crawleigh's I-440 lane closures got off to a rough start
- Police seek help solving double murder
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Multiple county chase ends in Durham
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Sheriff: School gunman planned to attack 5 spots
- Naked man spotted near Raleigh school
- Private ferry runs aground, injures 14
- Durham murder victim identified
- Blind man, guide dog safe after subway track fall
- Fair ride operator, owner formally indicted
- DOT looking at all 540 project paths
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help