Food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
DURHAM (WTVD) -- The ABC11 Eyewitness News team was out all day Wednesday taking your donations so no one goes hungry over the holidays.
This was the 26th year for the event that collected food for the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina and the Second Harvest Food Bank of Southeast North Carolina.
The event couldn't have come at a better time. Food bank workers said the need for food this holiday is bigger than ever.
"It's not just about feeding the body, but feeding people's spirits and people's minds," said Peter Werbicki, with the Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC. "For every dollar that's donated, we can provide the equivalent of five meals or $10 worth of food."
Thanks to everyone who donated this year we met our goal of collecting 5.5 million pounds of food for the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina.
cumberland county, durham county, wake county, ncfooddrive, local/state
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help