Food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
DURHAM (WTVD) -- The ABC11 Eyewitness News team was out all day Wednesday taking your donations so no one goes hungry over the holidays.
This was the 26th year for the event that collected food for the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina and the Second Harvest Food Bank of Southeast North Carolina.
The event couldn't have come at a better time. Food bank workers said the need for food this holiday is bigger than ever.
"It's not just about feeding the body, but feeding people's spirits and people's minds," said Peter Werbicki, with the Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC. "For every dollar that's donated, we can provide the equivalent of five meals or $10 worth of food."
Thanks to everyone who donated this year we met our goal of collecting 5.5 million pounds of food for the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina.
cumberland county, durham county, wake county, ncfooddrive, local/state
- Crews work to restore power, clean up damage 6 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help