Food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
DURHAM (WTVD) -- The ABC11 Eyewitness News team was out all day Wednesday taking your donations so no one goes hungry over the holidays.
This was the 26th year for the event that collected food for the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina and the Second Harvest Food Bank of Southeast North Carolina.
The event couldn't have come at a better time. Food bank workers said the need for food this holiday is bigger than ever.
"It's not just about feeding the body, but feeding people's spirits and people's minds," said Peter Werbicki, with the Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC. "For every dollar that's donated, we can provide the equivalent of five meals or $10 worth of food."
Thanks to everyone who donated this year we met our goal of collecting 5.5 million pounds of food for the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina.
cumberland county, durham county, wake county, ncfooddrive, local/state
- Duke Chapel holds Mandela memorial
- Snowball fight could lead to criminal charges
- Airline's sweet surprise for passengers
- One day left to help hungry families through the holidays
- Billy Graham weaker since 95th birthday party
- Shooting reported in Raleigh
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Modest Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Serial bank robber arrested in Durham
- Bubba the goat is no longer on the lam
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Walmart, AIG say they plan nearly 700 NC jobs
- Groups shun NC critics, appeal Bonner Bridge case
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help