Robbery suspect in custody; second in hospitalized
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Fayetteville police have identified two suspects in connection with a recent robbery at a local Taco Bell restaurant.
Authorities are waiting to arrest 31-year-old William Franklin Byford III, who is currently in the hospital for undisclosed reasons, while Christopher Dean Gilbert, 23, turned himself in to police Thursday afternoon.
The pair is facing robbery charges in connection with a Dec. 1 robbery at the Taco Bell on Cedar Creek Road.
Fayetteville police are still investigating a series of robberies since mid-October at several other Taco Bell locations.
During the robberies, a suspect breaks into the lobby of the business, displays a handgun, and takes an undisclosed amount of cash from the business, according to police.
The first robbery happened Oct. 18 at the Taco Bell on Raeford Road at 12:40 a.m. On Oct. 24, the suspect targeted the Taco Bell on Ramsey Street around 12:45 a.m.
The suspect robbed the same Taco Bell on Ramsey Street again on Nov. 9, just after 1 a.m.
The latest robbery was at the restaurant on Cedar Creek Road at 12:30 a.m.
Gilbert and Byford are only facing charges in connection with the Dec. 1 incident.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1856.
cumberland county, robbery, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh 9 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg 43 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Residents told of arsenic in water
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75