Good Samaritan stumbles upon tragedy
HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. (WTVD) -- Before the investigators arrived and the crime scene tape went up, a good Samaritan was headed to work in a Holly Springs neighborhood.
Matt Taylor told ABC11 he was flagged down by a woman in distress.
"This woman just runs out of her house frantically. She's on the phone, waving her arms, and everything else," Taylor said.
That woman was Amber Seymore's mother, desperate after coming home from dropping two of her three grandchildren off at school.
Taylor said the grandmother pleaded with him to go inside the home because her son-in-law, Robert Seymore, was not supposed to be there.
"She says I think he shot her. So then I kind of stopped and said who shot her? Where is he? Is he still in there? Does he still have a gun?" Taylor said.
Not knowing what he would see, he went inside the couple's home where he first found their toddler.
"As I was going up the stairs, she was coming out of the kitchen," Taylor said.
As he made his way upstairs, he found the tragic scene -- Amber and Robert Seymore, both 38, both dead in a murder/suicide.
Taylor was forced to deliver the heartbreaking news to Amber's mother.
"She walked up to me and she said, 'Is my daughter okay, is she okay?' And I know my face said it all. I was completely speechless, could not even form a word," Taylor said.
The day after Thanksgiving, Amber Seymore called 911 to make a domestic violence complaint. She told operators that her husband may have been having an affair, that she planned to confront him, and that he was a gun owner.
Neighbors told ABC11 Robert Seymore was a retired law-enforcement officer from California. The family had lived in Holly Springs for about two years.
Family and friends said goodbye to Amber Seymore at her memorial service and funeral Thursday.
Robert Seymore's funeral is scheduled for Saturday.
wake county, homicide, shooting, local/state, tamara gibbs
- Ice, rain, wind causing slick roads, delays, outages 3 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- The latest ABC11 First Alert Weather forecast
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help