Woman charged in fatal accident
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Fayetteville woman was arrested Friday in connection with a fatal accident.
Eric Christian, 25, was killed Dec. 1 when his car ran off the road and crashed into a utility pole.
An investigation determined that 32-year-old Choconda Martin collided with Christian before his vehicle went off the road. Both were traveling at a high rate of speed during the accident, police said.
Martin stopped following the accident, but then got back in her vehicle and left the scene before authorities arrived.
Martin is charged with felony hit and run with injury, involuntary manslaughter, and driving while license revoked. She is being held at the Cumberland County Detention Center on a $30,000 secured bond.
cumberland county, accident, local/state
- Winter storm warning for ice in northern areas 7 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help