Thieves who targeted churches arrested
DURHAM (WTVD) -- The Durham County Sheriff's Department said two men have been arrested for allegedly stealing copper from churches and other public buildings.
Arthur Lenward Jenkins and Antonio Eggleton of Person County have been charged in connection with several break-ins where air conditioning units and parts were stolen.
Authorities said the thefts occurred throughout the month of November at the following churches and buildings in Rougemont and Bahama:
- Kingdom Hall Jehovah's Witness (114 Bowen Rd, Rougemont)
- Red Mountain Baptist Church (1322 Red Mountain Rd, Rougemont)
- Praise and Deliverance Church (10855 Quail Roost Rd, Bahama)
- New Red Mountain Missionary Baptist Church (1401 Red Mountain Rd, Rougemont)
- Bahama Ruritan Club (8202 Stagville Rd, Bahama)
- Knap of Reeds Masonic Lodge (158 Bahama Rd, Bahama)
The suspects were arrested after a weeks long investigation, which included a parallel investigation with The Person County Sheriff's Department.
durham county, person county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU will be part of March Madness
- Video: NC State headed to NCAA tournament
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Man shot, killed at Willow Spring bar
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash