13 year old shot by father dies
CLINTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- The 13-year-old girl who was shot by her father Friday has died from her injuries.
According to Sampson County deputies, 51-year-old Edwin Estrada shot his daughter, Larissa Estrada, before turning the gun on himself.
On Friday officials received a 911 call from a home on Hunter Road just north of Clinton, but the caller told operators he left the scene with an injured person.
The caller was in his vehicle on the way to the hospital, when he flagged down an ambulance that happened to be passing by on US 701.
Inside the vehicle, the ambulance crew found Larissa with a gunshot wound. She was taken to Sampson Regional Medical Center and later airlifted to a regional trauma center.
When officials went to the home on Hunter Road, deputies found the body of Edwin Estrada inside the residence dead from a gunshot wound.
The brother went to his father's house on Hunter Road to check on his sister when she had not returned to their mother's house.
The brother could not get anyone to come to the door, which is when he forced his way inside and discovered his sister slumped over and his father dead.
sampson county, shooting, local/state
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- 7 hurt, 1 missing in Davidson County boat wreck
- Crews respond to another water rescue on Cape Fear River
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Duke beats Cornell to advance to lacrosse final
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Authorities search for Iowa teen amid rain, wind
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches