13 year old shot by father dies
CLINTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- The 13-year-old girl who was shot by her father Friday has died from her injuries.
According to Sampson County deputies, 51-year-old Edwin Estrada shot his daughter, Larissa Estrada, before turning the gun on himself.
On Friday officials received a 911 call from a home on Hunter Road just north of Clinton, but the caller told operators he left the scene with an injured person.
The caller was in his vehicle on the way to the hospital, when he flagged down an ambulance that happened to be passing by on US 701.
Inside the vehicle, the ambulance crew found Larissa with a gunshot wound. She was taken to Sampson Regional Medical Center and later airlifted to a regional trauma center.
When officials went to the home on Hunter Road, deputies found the body of Edwin Estrada inside the residence dead from a gunshot wound.
The brother went to his father's house on Hunter Road to check on his sister when she had not returned to their mother's house.
The brother could not get anyone to come to the door, which is when he forced his way inside and discovered his sister slumped over and his father dead.
sampson county, shooting, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Wild video: Duke Energy implodes smokestacks
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help