Fayetteville man drowns at Jordan Lake
CHATHAM COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Officials have located the body of a 62-year-old man at Jordan Lake, wildlife officials said Sunday.
The Fayetteville man was loading his boat around 3:45 p.m. at the New Hope Overlook boat ramp. The boat got loose and the man tried to swim out and get the boat but was unsuccessful.
Rescue crews located the man around 6:10 p.m.
Officials have not released the man's name or any other information.
chatham county, drowning, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help