Father sentenced for kidnapping son
PITTSBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- At a sentencing hearing Monday, Jorge Sanchez Aguilera was sentenced to 60 to 80 months for kidnapping his son from a Chatham County home in 2006 and taking him to Mexico.
Edwin Sanchez Gonzalez was 2 when his father kidnapped him on Oct. 1, 2006.
Aguilera was convicted last month on three counts of first-degree kidnapping, first-degree burglary, second-degree kidnapping.
He was arrested in 2010 by Mexican authorities, but the boy - now 8 years old - was not located until earlier this year.
chatham county, local/state
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- NC NAACP calls for June 3 rally for next protest
- Bill preventing UNC opposite-sex housing returns 37 min ago
- 2 arrested after flight from Pakistan diverted
- Dean named provost at UNC-Chapel Hill
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- 2 NC elementary schools placed on lockdown 50 min ago
- TSA finds man gun carrying gun on prosthetic leg 42 min ago
- Officers stand in for fallen comrade at graduation
- 5.7-magnitude quake widely felt across N. Calif.