Suspect sought in 'Crazy' robbery
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Authorities in Fayetteville are trying to identify a man allegedly involved in a sweepstakes robbery.
The robbery happened Saturday around 6:30 p.m. at the Crazy Sweepstakes in the 2800 block of Fort Bragg Road.
Police said a man walked into the business with his face covered and demanded money. He displayed what appeared in surveillance video to be a gun during the robbery. After taking money and items belonging to employees, the suspect fled on foot.
He was described as a thin-built African American man standing about 5 feet 6 inches to 7 inches tall with a tattoo on his right hand.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Culver with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1856 or CrimeStoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, robbery, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75