Mother, 2 kids killed in Fayetteville house fire
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Authorities in Fayetteville are investigating a house fire that took the lives of a woman and her two children early Tuesday morning.
The blaze broke out just before 2:30 a.m. at a home in the 8500 block of Cliffdale Road.
Police said a passer-by reported the fire after seeing flames near the back of the house. By the time fire crews arrived at the scene, flames were shooting through the roof.
Rescuers found 25-year-old Ashley Bullock and her two boys, Trayvon and Andrew, ages 5 and 6, dead in the same room inside the home, according to authorities.
"It's a firefighter's worst nightmare," Fire Battalion Chief Ron Lewis said. "Obviously very devastating for this young family and just heartbreaking for the whole fire department.
Ashley's husband, Juaan Bullock, was working the night shift out of town when the fire started.
"They were just good fun, cool people," family friend Martin Kearse said. "They were good. She would babysit for me if I needed her to ... she was going to school and everything."
It took crews about 45 minutes to get the blaze under control.
Fire crews didn't hear an audible ... smoke detector when they entered, but I have talked to ... the gentleman that lives here and there were working smoke detectors in the house at the time," Lewis said.
Officials have not said what caused the fire. Detectives are still investigating the incident.
cumberland county, fire, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina 13 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home 6 min ago
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina 54 min ago
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- Orange County among hardest hit by ice storm
10 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
14 min ago
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in Fayetteville...
7 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help