Third suspect in flea market shooting arrested
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Police said Thursday they have now captured three of the four suspects they've named in an attack at a Durham flea market that left two wounded last weekend.
A tense standoff ended Wednesday evening with the arrests of the two suspects. Police surrounded a house in the 4100 block of Sudbury Road after a Crimestoppers tip led police to the home.
Two suspects surrendered at the home after police used tear gas after a four-hour standoff. Police said Alexander Cardona and Sergio Barboza, both 17, were arrested.
Durham police investigators arrested another suspect - 17-year-old Rene Moreno - shortly after 8 a.m. Thursday morning.
A fourth suspect - 17-year-old Irving Martinez - was still at large.
Investigators have charged the four with attempted murder and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury.
The shootings happened Sunday at the Durham Green Flea Market.
A 31-year-old victim was released from the hospital and the 19-year-old victim remained hospitalized at last report. Their names have not been released.
Police said there may be more suspects.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Martinez is asked to call CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
Meanwhile, Moreno, also known as Rene Moreno-Lopez ,was also charged with two counts of violating the storage of firearms to protect minors. The two incidents involved a 15-year-old who was charged with taking a gun to school in May and who was charged in the Nov. 1 death of 13-year-old Emily Lopez.
Investigators said Rene Moreno-Lopez and Emily Lopez were siblings and lived in the same house on Faucette Avenue.
shooting, durham county, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help