Suspect allegedly phoned in robbery
APEX, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities are trying to dial in on a suspected robber who allegedly phoned in a robbery at an Apex Walgreens.
It happened around 10:40 p.m. at the Walgreens in the 500 block of West Williams Street.
Police said a man called the store's pharmacist and said to put the drug OxyContin in the drive-thru drop box.
Authorities said the suspect implied he had a gun, but never showed one when he walked up to the drive-thru window.
The suspect is described as a while male in his 30s to 50s. He was approximately 5' 11" tall with a medium build and light facial hair. He was described as wearing a large black wool jacket and a navy blue or black baseball cap.
If you have any information, please contact the Apex Police Department at (919) 362-8661.
The same Walgreens location was involved in an attempted robbery just two weeks ago.
During that incident, a man attempted to rob the pharmacist of prescription medication, but instead got into an altercation with a customer inside the store.
wake county, local/state
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help