Child hit by truck still critical
DURHAM (WTVD) -- The family of a Durham seventh grader hit by a pickup truck while riding her bicycle said Thursday she remains in critical condition.
They explained 12-year-old Kassie Graves has serious head injuries.
The accident happened around 3 p.m. Monday on N.C. Highway 751 near the Calibre Park Apartments when Kassie apparently went through a stop sign and into traffic.
Grandfather Robert Graves said the past 72 hours have been a struggle.
"She's pretty much critical since she's been in, and that's all we want to put out there at this point in time," said Graves. "We're just waiting to see what happens."
The family just wants to focus on the middle schooler's recovery.
"Always sadness when something like this happens," said Graves. "A lot of prayers going up and we're just asking everyone to continue to pray for her."
An account has been set up for monetary donations at the SECU Credit Union in the name of Kassie Graves.
durham county, accident, local/state
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills
- Manhunt for suspects in deadly luxury mall carjacking
- Crawleigh's I-440 lane closures got off to a rough start
- Police seek help solving double murder
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Multiple county chase ends in Durham
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Sheriff: School gunman planned to attack 5 spots
- Naked man spotted near Raleigh school
- Private ferry runs aground, injures 14
- Durham murder victim identified
- Blind man, guide dog safe after subway track fall
- Fair ride operator, owner formally indicted
- DOT looking at all 540 project paths
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help