Five teens charged in homeless man's killing
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- ABC11 has learned five teens are charged in the death of a man whose body was found stuffed in a trash can last weekend.
A 13 year old and three 15 year olds are charged with murder. Another 15 year old is charged as an accessory. The names of the teens have not been released.
Their alleged victim, Regynald Jose Brown, 37, was first reported missing November 20. According to reports, Brown was homeless and lived in a makeshift camp in the woods.
911 calls released this week show friends went looking for him last Saturday near the Capital Area Greenway along Walnut Creek - between Wilmington Street and Hammond Road near Interstate 40.
They made a grisly discovery.
"I have a friend that's missing and we were out looking for him and we discovered a body," said the caller.
The man said he found a garbage can on the edge of Walnut Creek with a body inside.
"It was half buried in the sand and, like I said, when I kicked it I noticed it was kind of heavy. So when I pulled it and opened it up there was a body in there face down with the head down in the bottom of the trash can," said the caller.
The teens accused of Brown's murder where scheduled to face a judge for the first time Friday.
wake county, homicide, local/state
- Suspect in Wake Forest kidnapping captured
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market 51 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- Wake sounds alarm on teacher shortage
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works 50 min ago