Two more arrested in connection with officer shooting
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Investigators have arrested two more people in connection with the shooting of a Durham police officer.
Officer Kelly A. Stewart was shot in the leg during a traffic stop on Forest Road Tuesday.
Ledarius Devon Riley, 18, and Dustin McCoy Portee, 20, were both arrested Thursday and charged with being an accessory after the fact to a felony. Both were caught on North Miami Boulevard.
Carlos Antonio Riley Jr., 21, is already in custody. He was found Tuesday at a house in the 1700 block of Rosetta Drive.
Riley was charged with assault on a law enforcement officer causing serious injury, robbery with a dangerous weapon, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. His bond was set at $1 million.
Police said Stewart's .45-caliber Smith and Wesson semi-automatic handgun remains missing. However, his badge, which had been missing, has been recovered.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Riley and/or Portee is asked to call (919) 560-4440, ext. 29320 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
durham county, shooting, local/state
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars 1 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers 1 min ago
- Lawmaker charged in state tax case out of jail
- Judge: No quick trial on NC voting law changes
- NCDOT: Bonner Bridge could reopen next week
- Appeal heard in Jason Young case
- Are more Dorito-flavored foods on the way?
- Ex-President Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker
- Interpreter for Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Wakemed creates kid-friendly ER program
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help