Teen killed in accidental shooting
WENDELL, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Johnston County man is facing charges in a shooting that left a teenager dead.
It happened Friday night at a home on David Road in Wendell.
Police say Robert Furey was showing 15-year-old Nick Exley his gun when it went off, killing Exley.
The teen's uncle spoke to ABC11 and said his nephew attended Corinth Holders High School.
"He was a rambunctious, wild young man but very caring young guy at the same time," said the teen's uncle Brad Exley.
Furey is now charged with voluntary manslaughter.
johnston county, shooting, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help