Man killed in shooting, another injured
KINSTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities in Kinston are investigating a shooting that killed a teenager and injured another man.
The shooting happened Wednesday around 3:45 p.m. Officers with the Kinston Department of Public Safety said they were originally called to the 900 block of East King Street about a fight, but soon got word that there were shots being fired.
When officers arrived, they found 19-year-old Dajuquon "DJ" Poole and 28-year-old Tiran C. Farris lying in front of a home with gunshot wounds to their upper bodies.
Both men were taken to the local hospital and then transported to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.
Poole later dead at Vidant Medical Center, while Farris was last listed in stable condition.
Investigators said they are currently following up on all leads. Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Kinston Police "Tips Line" (252) 939-4020 or Cmdr. Jennifer Canady (252) 939-3225.
lenoir county, shooting, local/state
- Bicycle Man's legacy lives on
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Obama skips out of Washington for Hawaii vacation
- Target offers apology discount this weekend
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AAA Carolinas expects record travel by Tar Heels 57 min ago
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Wild video: Duke Energy implodes smokestacks
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help