Church volunteer charged
ROXBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Person County Sheriff's Office has charged a Christian youth ministry volunteer with statutory rape.
Thirty-eight-year-old David Solomon made a court appearance Thursday, but could not make his $100,000 bond.
Investigators said his alleged victim is under the age of 14.
Officials said Solomon was a volunteer with Youth for Christ, a popular youth ministry in Roxboro, for two years.
The director told ABC11 Thursday Solomon and his alleged victim met through their families before the teen started attending programs at Youth for Christ.
Despite background checks and training, the alleged victim's mother found suspicious text messages on a cell phone.
The sheriff's office is also looking into whether other children may be involved.
person county, sex offense, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help