Firefighters battle 2-alarm blaze in Doylestown
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - December 28, 2012 -- Fire crews in Doylestown, Bucks County battled a blaze inside a townhome Friday morning.
Firefighters were dispatched at 8:10 a.m. to a home on the 200 block of Gatehouse Circle.
When they arrived they found heavy fire in the home. They quickly struck a second alarm.
The bulk of the fire was knocked down an hour later at 9:10, however, crews continued to douse hot spots throughout the morning.
There are no reports of injuries.
According to officials on scene, the fire started on the first floor of an end unit and extended up the 2-story building. Initial reports indicate surrounding homes have sustained smoke and water damage.
There is no word yet on how the fire started.
bucks county, pennsylvania, fire, local/state
- NAACP, students challenge education changes 27 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Possible tornado damage reported in Franklin County
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- UNC-Chapel Hill to conduct emergency drill
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions
- Hearings begin for Duke Energy's 5 percent hike
- NC Senate takes up energy conservation rollback
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Wake County Schools names new superintendent
- Southern Pines officer remembered
abc11.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos