Firefighters battle 2-alarm blaze in Doylestown
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - December 28, 2012 -- Fire crews in Doylestown, Bucks County battled a blaze inside a townhome Friday morning.
Firefighters were dispatched at 8:10 a.m. to a home on the 200 block of Gatehouse Circle.
When they arrived they found heavy fire in the home. They quickly struck a second alarm.
The bulk of the fire was knocked down an hour later at 9:10, however, crews continued to douse hot spots throughout the morning.
There are no reports of injuries.
According to officials on scene, the fire started on the first floor of an end unit and extended up the 2-story building. Initial reports indicate surrounding homes have sustained smoke and water damage.
There is no word yet on how the fire started.
bucks county, pennsylvania, fire, local/state
- Police: Teen had gunshot residue on hands 1 min ago
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday 51 min ago
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital 47 min ago
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban 37 min ago
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Lawmakers get legal help with NC marriage case
- Community rallies around couple after fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl holiday travel
- Newlyweds ordered to trial in Craigslist slaying
abc11.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help