Man facing murder charges in shooting
GOLDSBORO (WTVD) -- A man is facing murder charges in connection a shooting in Goldsboro last week.
Just before 5:30 a.m. on Dec. 20, officers with the Goldsboro Police Department were called to Wayne Memorial Hospital after a gunshot victim showed up at the Emergency Room.
The victim, 36-year-old Anthony Holloman, died shortly after arriving at the hospital, according to officials.
Following an investigation, authorities issued an arrest warrant for 24-year-old Jamel Rashon Edwards in connection with Holloman's death.
On Thursday, Edwards turned himself in to police. He has been placed in the Wayne County Jail under no bond.
wayne county, shooting, local/state
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire 13 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Residents told of arsenic in water
- Community comes together to fight for Maddison 59 min ago
- Arrest warrants issued in Gates Four shooting
- Former sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Jeopardy! Clue Crew visits Raleigh
- ACC tournament to move to New York?
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Community comes together to fight for...
59 min ago